Metis developed a Flood Risk Assessment and accompanying Sustainable Drainage Strategy to facilitate improvements to the Linden Lodge Kennels & Cattery, a site located within a functional floodplain.
- Develop Flood Risk Assessment to assess the risk of flooding at the site from multiple sources.
- Undertake necessary hydraulic calculations and develop innovative sustainable drainage strategy in line with National Planning Policy Framework, associated Practice Guidance and relevant local policies.
- Flood Risk Assessment developed for site providing comprehensive overview of the risk of flooding at the site from various sources.
- Sustainable Drainage Strategy developed, with new kennel blocks innovatively designed by Metis to site above the predicted flood levels.
- The whole site has been designed to harvest and reuse rainwater, making use of rain gardens, filter drains, waterbutts and below ground storage.