Asset Management Maturity Assessment
Following the launch of the UKRLG/HMEP Highway Infrastructure Asset Management Guidance, 2013 Swindon Borough Council wanted to assess their current approach to asset management and establish future objectives.
- Use of Metis’ tried and tested Asset Management Maturity Assessment (AMMA), tailored to the 14 recommendations in the Guidance.
- Initial workshop with key highways officers to understand current activities and establish short and long-term objectives.
- Production of a concise Asset Management Mini Roadmap highlighting the results of the AMMA, analysing gaps and identifying quick win activities.
- Facilitating debate to establish what is really important to Swindon and prioritising activities to deliver maximum benefit.
Through this project, Swindon Borough Council has:
- Achieved a better understanding of the gaps in their highway asset management activities against the 14 recommendations of the HMEP Guidance.
- Established sensible objectives to close the gaps over the short and long-term.
- Identified and prioritised activities that will help them maximise benefit from asset management.
T: 020 8948 0249
Head of Transport Delivery & Landscape Services
- Client Swindon Borough Council
- Date 16th February 2017
- Tags Bid & Funding Support, Highway Management, Strategic Advice, Strategic Asset Management