Bexley Council were keen to produce a valuation for all highway assets in-line with the CIFPA Code of Practice and Whole of Government Accounting requirements.
- Work with highway officers to collate all the necessary data and understand data gaps to make reasonable assumptions.
- Complete the CIPFA/HAMFIG supporting tools for valuation of all highway assets.
- Document all the data used and assumptions made in a concise report.
- Analyse highway asset valuation results against annual returns to understand valuation changes across the years.
- Setup a roadmap to improve on current data used and assumptions made over the years.
Through this project, Bexley Council has:
- Adopted a robust and consistent approach to producing highway asset valuation figures, which is repeatable each year.
- A well-recorded audit trail for all data used and assumptions made.
- Implemented an improvement action plan to improve on current data practices and assumptions.
T: 020 8948 0249
- Client London Borough of Bexley
- Date 19th February 2017
- Tags Bid & Funding Support, Compliance, Highway Management, Strategic Asset Management