Madeley Road – 112 Bus Route
Metis was engaged by Ealing to accommodate a Transport for London (TfL) bus route while mitigating the impact of the buses on the residents. This project required careful and considerate management of several stakeholders – Ealing Council, residents, politicians and TfL. Following a TfL public consultation Metis took the following approach to achieve the most adequate outcome for the design, with the aim of incorporating a balance of all stakeholder requirements.
- Identified key stakeholders from TfL consultation, ensuring early requirements were captured and understood.
- Developed an engagement strategy, ensuring key stakeholders such as bus operators and asset maintainers were engaged throughout.
- Developed a staged approach engagement plan for stakeholders, whereby information was disseminated at the right time from 3D Visualisation of conceptual designs for residents, engineering drawings for technical council officers to on-site meetings with operators, maintainers and supply chain partners.
- Compiled a risk-register throughout the delivery of the scheme ensuring issues arising from stakeholder engagement were captured and dealt with appropriately.
- Conducted build workshops with supply chain partners to identify any residual risks in the design that may impact construction.
Ealing benefited from Metis’ work in several ways:
- Urban greening with the introduction of tree pits and rain gardens.
- Improved accessibility for all users of the highway including cyclists.
- Strengthening of the carriageway to accommodate diverted bus route.
- Re-surfacing of footway and better alignment of vehicle cross-overs into driveways.
- Traffic calming with footway build-outs at bus stops and around mature trees.
- Additional pedestrian crossings to accommodate increased footfall.
- Gateway entrance of Madeley Road to encourage safer driving.
London Borough of Ealing
- Client London Borough of Ealing
- Date 19th March 2019
- Tags Bid & Funding Support, Compliance, Contractor Engagement, Decision Support Tools, Highway Management, Operational Support, Resilience, Stakeholder Engagement, Strategic Advice, Strategic Asset Management