Strategic Flood Risk Assessment
Metis were commissioned by the London Borough of Redbridge’s Flood Risk team and Planning department to produce a Level 1 and Level 2 Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) to support the council’s Local Plan.
- Close partnership working with the Environment Agency (EA) and Redbridge’s team.
- Optimal use of existing modelling outputs.
- Creation of maps for upload onto the council’s corporate GIS.
- Development of concise and accessible documentation to support the mapping.
Redbridge Council have benefited from this project in several ways:
- Protection of flood plains from inappropriate development.
- Downgrading of flood risk zones in some areas which had been allocated as Flood Zone 3b erroneously, freeing up land to meet challenging development targets.
- An ease to update flood risk resource for use by the council, developers and other stakeholders.
- Detailed site specific flood risk assessment for dozens of development areas. Promoting use of SuDS and enhancing master planning.
T: 020 8948 0249
Flood Risk Management Officer
- Client Redbridge Council
- Date 21st March 2017
- Tags Compliance, Decision Support Tools, Flood Risk Management, Operational Support, Resilience, Stakeholder Engagement, Strategic Advice