Metis Consultants Ltd is a niche Civil and Environmental Engineering Consultancy. We are a rapidly growing company based in Richmond, South West London, working with a wide range of clients across the UK, in the public and private sectors.
With long term working relationships with over 50 local authorities and numerous private organisations, we have established a track record of technical excellence and trusted advice, second to none in the industry.
We have a robust pipeline of interesting civil engineering and public realm design projects. As such, we are looking for an ambitious engineer with some design experience to join the team.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The role would suit an individual that has completed A-levels or similar or is currently in part-time education.
As an Engineering Technician you will be working closely with the Highway and Drainage design teams to support delivery of the project outputs.
Our working environment is honest, supportive and fun. You will be able to develop your technical expertise through learning from senior members of the team.
Applicants will have A-levels or similar or be working towards them.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic engineer, with a real interest in sustainable design. Candidates must have:
- Sound technical ability and experience in engineering design principles
- A demonstrable appetite for learning and developing your career further
- A desire to produce excellent, environmentally attractive and functional public realm design
- Designed schemes using the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Manual for Streets, etc
- Highways design experience using Autodesk Civil 3D
- Construction supervision experience
- Excellent written and spoken English
Additional skills that would be beneficial include:
- Drainage and SuDS design experience
- Highways design and construction experience in local authority environment
- Competency in Microdrainage applications
SALARY AND PACKAGE:
The salary will be highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The package includes pension, eligibility for private medical cover and flexible working in our beautiful penthouse office in central Richmond.
We also have regular social events for the whole team, recently including; golf, track cycling, curling, and go-karting to name a few.
Please send us your CV along with a covering letter to Angela Cappa, Office Manager- firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website, detailing why you would like to work for Metis and what makes you stand apart from other candidates.
Applicants that do not include a personal cover letter will not be considered.