Metis has been supporting the Consortium since 2010, structured around quarterly workshops with work activities carried out with individual boroughs or independently between workshops.
- We facilitate quarterly Consortium workshops and deliver interim work activities led by boroughs’ needs.
- We present and host the discussion around one focused topic for each workshop along with highlights of changes in the industry and regulations.
- We package up the tools and knowledge after each workshop and circulate among the members to help them deliver their highway maintenance services in a more efficient and effective manner.
Through this project, the Consortium members have been able to:
- Work collaboratively to share best practice, develop common approaches and benchmark.
- Stay abreast of changes to legislation and guidance.
- Deliver considerable cost savings and promote robust asset management practice.
- Develop their understanding of and feel confident to implement the recommendations of Well-Managed Highway Infrastructure – a Code of Practice 2016.